6/23/12

Krav Maga-Use of the Human Body as a Weapon/ By Roland



5.0 out of 5 stars Krav Maga-Use of the Human Body as a WeaponFebruary 12, 2012
This review is from: Pure Krav Maga - Self Defense Mastery (DVD)
It has a taken me quite a while to write this review as there are so many nice things to say about "Krav Maga-Use of the Human Body as a Weapon Philosophy " and its companion DVD set "Pure Krav Maga-Self Defense Master" by Grandmaster Boaz Aviram, and I just didn't know where to begin.

However, perhaps my teenage years would be a great place to start. My Uncle, Kenneth Warren-was a well known 5th degree Black Belt in Isshyn-Ryu Karate under the late Sensei, John Overton of World's Fighting Art's in Western New York. As a teenager, he would take me to compete in tournaments. I recall attending a tournament in Canada where then, North American Champion, Wally Slocki was in attendance. Master Slocki was famous for the "Slocki Take Down",a flying scissors technique. My Uncle was also friends and sparred with Billy Blanks, and appeared in photo's with 'Super Foot" Bill Wallace. Several of my Uncle's students later became bodyguards for famous R&B groups.

But even with growing up in this kind of environment, I still had a strong sense that there had to be something else less complicated and more efficient, when defending yourself-one that didn't require the arduous years of training like other martial art disciplines require. You see, although my Uncle was always willing to teach me, I just didn't have the discipline,time, or genuine desire to commit to a martial art discipline; it just never held my interest as something that was going to benefit me from a self-defense standpoint.

It was years later ,after my time as a U.S.Marine, that I wanted to focus on my ability to protect myself. So, I began searching and found Pure Krav Maga by Grandmaster Aviram.

The most beneficial aspect, for me, from the Pure Krav Maga-Self Defense Mastery Training System was my immediate confidence; not only in myself, but also in the training system that I chose to learn-and this was after my very first lesson with my Pure Krav Maga instructor Kathysue Dorey Pohrte. Yes, the same instructor who is portrayed in the DVD series. I guess luck hit me twice-first finding Pure Krav Maga and then second when being able to learn this awesome system from Ms. Dorey Pohrte.

And even with my age and numerous physical limitations, I have been able to learn Pure Krav Maga. I now feel confident in my ability tp properly analyse the level of danger, know instinctively how to protect myself according my body's position in relation to my opponent's,continually have it top-of-mind, and most importantly, really know that I have the upper hand should anyone mess with me.

"Krav Maga-Use of the Human Body as a Weapon Philosophy" with the companion DVDs definitely gives you the leverage needed in almost any confrontational situation. Hats off and thank you for preserving such a wonderful self-defense training system.
Get the Training Manual:
Krav Maga - Use Your Body as a Weapon!
Note: The DVD set is delivered free shipping in the US through amazon.com however it takes about two weeks to get it. If you need it faster or located internationally, order from createspace.com which will deliver it to your door anywhere in the world within less than a week from the day your order.










No comments: