10/25/12

Before this DVD Krav maga seemed to be nothing but dirty boxing mixed with a lot of cardiovascular drills/by Michael Rozycki



Review of book and DVDs, October 21, 2012
By Michael Rozycki - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase
This review is from: Pure Krav Maga - Self Defense Mastery (DVD)


Let me start with a little about me. I have actively been training in martial arts for 30+ years, studying everything for western boxing to classical Japanese arts. 

I had always heard that Krav Maga was the most effective combat system, so I was drawn to try it.  I signed up at the local "krav maga" school and began training 3 to 4 days a week. I was disappointed. Krav maga seemed to be nothing but dirty boxing mixed with a lot of cardiovascular drills. I began a book search to find out what the secret was, what was I missing? Then I found boaz aviram's book and DVD.

I learned from this book and DVD that Krav maga is its own martial system., with its own distinctive timing and combative distance. It uses a set of very specialized strikes meant to be the most effective way to damage the critical areas of an opponents body.

To quote boaz "Krav Maga is efficient therefore simple, It is not efficient because it is simple." It is a system in which the body of the teaching, the whole curriculum, should be taught quickly, but be perfected over a lifetime. Reaction time is taught so you can be aware of your capabilities, and be aware of your opponents threats.

This is not what mainstream civilian "krav maga " is teaching.....So I took the Pure Krav Maga instructors course. It is well worth the time, sweat,and cost.

I do not believe I have to Boaz Aviram 's credentials, they are easily found with a google search or by reading the other reviews.

This is the man who trained the Israeli army, and trained with the founders of the system. I do not believe higher authority can be found.

So in closing I would like to say, If you train in Krav Maga, or if you are looking to learn to defend yourself.....buy this book and DVD. You will not be disappointed.

Get the Training Manual:
Krav Maga - Use Your Body as a Weapon!
Note: The DVD set is delivered free shipping in the US through amazon.com however it takes about two weeks to get it. If you need it faster or located internationally, order from createspace.com which will deliver it to your door anywhere in the world within less than a week from the day your order.








No comments: