Pure Krav Maga
- Pure Krav Blog
- The Name
- Principles of Pure Krav Maga
- Sequential Execution Concept!
- Self Assess Your Self Defense Skills
- Logic in a Formula
- Immi Sde Or AKA Imrich Lichtenfeld - Israel Defense Force Krav Maga Founder
- Eli Avikzar - 2nd in Lineage of Israeli Defense Force Krav Maga Chief Instructors
- Five Day Instructor Course
- Rules of Engagement
- Organization Strive for Quality Control
- Reality Based Training Myths and Truth
- Finding a Reputable Instructor
- Ace or a Joker
- Guidelines for Testing Students Proficiency
- Students & Instructors Professional Ranking Stripes
- History of Pure Krav Maga and Future Vision of Founder
- Knife Training Advice Etcetra...
- Pure Krav Maga - Self Defense Mastery 7 DVD Set
From a Front Jab to a Drop Punch / Boaz Aviram
The logic in doing boxing drills at the beginning of the Israeli Defense Forces Krav Maga, was to strengthen the force of the strikes to stop opponents in Hand to Hand Fighting Scenarios.
Of course extensive boxing training enhances fitness, hand eye coordination and agility which can contribute greatly for on the spot awareness recognition of attack and ability to strike in motion.
However, over time the curriculum was distilled through the training steps and cross achieving of objectives.
The purpose of teaching hand strikes was to teach maximum efficiency and effectiveness in usage of hands to strike and counter strike considering other elements of the human body.
The overall picture synchronized between training time, range of attack and defense, and methods of attack and defense including pressure points, strikes and kicks, and gouge and tear techniques, and specific and overall tactical approach.
So when you teach in Pure Krav Maga Straight hand strikes, front hand and the cross hand, you teach maximum efficiency in reach and momentum considering your overall tactical approach for defenses and attack.
The jab became a full momentum drop punch which today is not overused in boxing tactics. The jab is a boxing tactical concept that simply does not fit the tactics of Pure Krav Maga.
How do you explain the change from the First Israeli Defense Forces picture of front hand strike to the strikes taught in the 1980's is simply put, Imrich Lichtenfeld's principles were applied all the way through the matrix and distilled...
Get the Training Manual:
Note: The DVD set is delivered free shipping in the US through amazon.com however it takes about two weeks to get it. If you need it faster or located internationally, order from createspace.com which will deliver it to your door anywhere in the world within less than a week from the day your order.