5/11/16

Why I have no interest practicing a Martial Art or a fighting sport after mastering Krav Maga / Boaz Aviram

The world of Martial arts and Fighting Sports had always been fascinating and a source of inspirations...My main interest however was in learning cool skills to defend myself, nothing more and nothing less. 

Perhaps any combat sports require high physical fitness, and perhaps this was a motivator as well. But even when I was done with the martial arts, I've kept my fitness through jogging, the gym and other activities.

There are probably millions expressions of the art through the human body. There are several styles of Gymnastics with certain concentrations, there are combinations of gymnastics with rhythm which turn it out to dance expression, while the raw gymnastics depends on demonstrating the success of controlling the body's physics.

There are many ideas about, and theories of martial arts training systems and many concentrations. All are about how to use your two arms two legs and perhaps a side arm and your brain to defend yourself. 


There are modern fighting sports and older fighting sports that people really had to fight and in the old days kill each other to stay alive even on stage. In the old days Hand to Hand was mostly what to do when you cant use your sword or dagger, or what to do with your bare hands when you don't have one.

So once I've realized that Pure Krav Maga is giving me a precise training system of how to prevail in Hand to Hand Fighting, thinking back of some of the other martial arts I've mastered, I've realized I would get bored and lose interest in a class where the material presented does not cover all the realistic aspects of self defense.  The art of not making mistakes in the last few split seconds you have of my  verdict of live or die!

Yes, learning something else will force me off my lazy butt to get more exercise, more coordination, more strength, and perhaps more fame. Yes, perhaps if I keep going I will cover almost any form of shape of attack someone might try on me when I try to defend myself.

However, I am not the type of guy anymore that is interested in winning something whether its arm wrestle, Judo Match(thank God someone created this sport to provide with sweat absorbing clothes)not a boxing match. I've got Knocked out in training only once in my life. It was not a bad experience, you just get a wake-up call realizing that this is what happened. Not painful. Luckily I did not cut my eye lid, nor did I break my nose. That would have probably been more of a nuisance pain in the recovery time. I also got stabbed with a knife from the back only once. Not painful at the initial day, only when you try to stretch for the year to come.

I've decided not to adopt the Spartan lifestyle, working on the strength carrying a quite heavy spear and using it skillfully to prevail in a poking game. I've decided not to engage in the Art of Jujitsu, nor Wrestling, nor Grappling giving up on the beauty of becoming my opponent's leech on chiropractor. I've decided not to join a boxing gym and probably getting in one of the best fitness one could ever get. It is probably good for courage too. 

Instead I've decided to totally steer form the crowd of athletes and concentrate on a former acrobat, Jujitsu Student, Wrestler, Boxer athlete extracted out martial arts and fighting sports training system.

I find in it a walk-through in all the possibilities the human body can inflict damage and the counter medicine of how to prevent it from happening. It is systematic and therefore easier to retain. I just think that If I would keep that systematic training with the same time that the other martial arts do I will enjoy it more than if I would have spent it on lame training and conditioning for a competition or a belt.

Yes, this is my choice, but I tell my students and my potential students, that if they do not have a good Krav Maga school which nowadays as it ever was an extinct creature, they should join one of the activity classes instead. But if they are interested in self defense, I tell them that reading my book would them a lot.

I think that if lets say a master of some exotic style will decide one day to consider all the other martial arts and devise counter techniques against them, perhaps he will develop another style of Krav maga. But in fact Krav Maga became math, and the numbers do not lie...I just dont want to get in a bad habit of running up a data bank of 10,000 techniques in my small brain trying to find the right one in the last few split seconds of a threat where I just might come out alive.

Certainly not if most of these techniques were practiced against unrealistic attack and tactics as a result of safety and ease of running chain of schools... 


I do however encourage you to take one, two or three fighting sports, martial art or set up yourself a goal to master them all if you would like or have nothing better to do. However, remember two things! First I am not paying your tuition! Second, well I don't have to worry about it because you would not come back to me to complain about my advice if you are dead anyway.

I do think many martial artists had achieved great strength, close to animalistic skills, but they put they life time in. To become an animal you have to live like one! It is the aspiration of any man to posses the virtues of a human and the strength of motion of animals. Well you can get at least the virtues from both aspirations and learning Pure Krav Maga would make you see the entrance and the end of the tunnel quickly.


Would it be beneficial to go to the nearest fighting sports gym in your neighborhood? Sure it would! Even for self defense. As long as you do not lose track of reality and understand that the dangers in a self defense scenario are different. 

Almost any martial art could stimulate your mind and body to worry about what do to to control an opponent.

Its better to think and do something before its too late but at the same time your body's natural responses help to react instinctively. Yet some people prevail and some lose their life. 

If you are concerned about it, you will have to get to the bottom of it - to the essence of unarmed combat! Personally to me taking life saving skills and making them a sport might be cute, but should not be taken lightly when tried to be put back into self defense.

Well I do have interest however in observation monitoring and analysis of them. I am still curious if the laws of physics, and tactics extracted from the experience of the fighting sports still conform to reality. 

I do ponder about each athletes mental state, how it became what it is how he was taught and how he learned what he was taught and also on the subconscious level - what his repetitive experience led him to conclude subconsciously. 

Competitions is an ocean to observe indeed. I can sum it up in one word, efficiency. One is more efficient in achieving his task of victory! If you dig into it it means not wasting time more than your opponent would waste his time! It also means not missing the primary opportunities which could be the last of the opportunities you might get.

The rest of the ingredients are: Impact, feasible response of change in the direction of the forces according to the reaction time. You see the hotzone is a virtual 360 degree sphere to monitor! You have a better chance to take advantage of your physical and your opponent's physical limitations by monitoring the entry and exit into the hotzone!

The Hot Zone equals a 3D 360 degree zone around your body which metaphorically increases its temperature when a second opponent gets into it. Virtually, the idea is the area that when crossed you become very vulnerable to attack which you simply have less of a potential to prevail if you did not attack or followed a counter prior the entry to the hotzone or at the exact moment of entry into the hotzone.

Like in history, H2H martial arts became civilized and then the people that were missing a portion of it went elsewhere to complete it.  The same happened in Civilian Krav Maga as students from one school or another were missing some training aspect and sleeked for it in another school.

However when you are buying parts  you need to ensure they fit your machine. Modifications are helpful but in the end there is a concentrated theory, a distillation of a system of how to think and train in H2H. Getting after market parts rarely has the safety and fit characteristics of the originals.

Get the Training Manual:
Note: The DVD set is delivered free shipping in the US through amazon.com however it takes about two weeks to get it. If you need it faster or located internationally, order from createspace.com which will deliver it to your door anywhere in the world within less than a week from the day your order.














No comments: